Lumia Camera App is the innovative, intuitive and powerful photography application available to lumia phones. Lumia Camera App allows one to take full control of the shot and helps to shoot with creativity.
This app however disappeared after installing windows 10 insider preview. If you upgrade from windows phone 8.1 then you may have the lumia camera app. If you do a hard reset, the app cannot be found in the new universal store. I have found a workaround to install lumia camera app to windows 10 phones. Follow the steps below,
Step1: Download WP8.1 SDK Tools Lite Setup by searching in bing or google or go to the link below
Install the InstallWP81SDKToolsLite Batch File. Make sure you have .NET Framework 4.5.1 installed before installing
Step2: Register your phone for development.
To register your phone by using the Windows Phone Developer Registration Tool.
- Turn on your phone and unlock the phone screen.
- On your phone, ensure that the date and time are correct.
- Connect your phone to your computer by using the USB cable that came with your phone.
- On your computer’s Start screen, switch to All apps view.
- Under Windows Phone SDK 8.1, click Windows Phone Developer Registration 8.1. The app starts, as shown in the following image.
- Verify that the Status message displays Identified Windows Phone 8 device. Click the Register button to unlock the phone.
- If your phone is already registered, the Status message indicates this and you see an Unregister button.
- Click Register.
- In the Sign In dialog box for your Microsoft account (formerly known as a Windows Live ID), enter the email address and password for your Microsoft account. Click Sign In.
- If you’re a registered developer, be sure to use the Microsoft account associated with your developer account.
- After your phone is successfully registered, the Status message displays Congratulations! You have successfully unlocked your Windows Phone.
- Your phone is now registered. You can now deploy apps to the phone
Step3: Download unlocked lumia camera app from
Step4: Deploy lumia camera app to phone
- On your computer’s Start screen, find the Application Deployment tool. You can also run the tool from the following location:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v8.1\Tools\AppDeploy\AppDeploy.exe
- Run the tool. The tool starts, as shown in the following screenshot.
- In the Target drop-down list box, select either Device or one of the emulator options.
- In the App field, click Browse and locate the package file that you want deploy.
- Click Deploy.
- If the deployment is successful, the Status field displays App Deployment Complete.
Step 5: If you get error. Search for any existing link from your mobile for lumia camera app and install from there. I installed from this link http://wmpoweruser.com/lumia-camera-app-for-denim-devices-updated-in-windows-phone-store/ .Lumia Camera app will be installed.
Enjoy shooting creative pictures with DNG support.!!