Dragonfly Photography using Mobile Phone
Dragon flies are beautiful subjects to photograph with a mobile phone camera. Often we see dragonflies resting on plant leaves, flowers and stems, basking in the sun or feeding. This article focuses on the basic steps to capture a dragon fly using mobile phone.
1) Enable macro mode in your phone if available.
2) Approach the dragon fly silently with slow pace. If it flies away sensing your approach, be still in the same position where you are. Wait for few seconds as it will come back to its original place of resting. Usually it makes one or two rotations around you before resting.
3) Try to get as close as possible without frightening the dragonfly. Getting closer helps in capturing the fly with utmost details.
4) One area to focus on dragon fly is its head; it has amazing details, with stunning compound eyes.
5) The wings of dragon fly are marvellous, with lovely pattern and texture. They are shiny and colourful. Look for the perfect position of wings before making the shot.
6) Try capturing the dragonfly with different poses like resting completely with wings parallel to the ground, wings perpendicular to the ground, wings in slanting and even the fly itself in aerobic and vertical style.
7) When shooting with mobile phone, it is wise to use a macro lens to get amazing details that would be missed otherwise.